Today, we used the same set of devices and tested their performance with WiSure. In the table below, we compare and analyze the RvR result and peak throughput performance of these devices.
We used WiSure and the top flagship devices currently on the market to conduct the Wi-Fi performance testing. WiSure has two access points and a programmable attenuator and it is RF-shielded. For this test, the devices are kept in an RF-shielded chamber. We would measure peak throughput at different distances using WiSure’s performance and RvR tests.
In an ideal environment, the mentioned devices were tested one after the another.
Rate vs Range
- There is not much disparity in peak throughput among these devices.
- Smartphone B has approximately the same performance as UL and DL, as other devices performed better in DL than in UL.
- The performance of devices has not changed significantly until the path loss approaches 20 dB.
- Even at 30 dB, laptop B and smartphone B performed well, outperforming the other two devices.
- With a path loss of 45 dB, laptop B and smartphone B have achieved up to 39% higher throughput than other devices.
WiSure is a fully automatable test solution to validate the quality of the Wi-Fi functionality in smart devices. Alethea communications has defined a test plan for a testing of Wi-Fi device to ensure a reliable Wi-Fi connection that incorporates experience from in-house R&D and Wi-Fi device metrics specification by the Wi-Fi alliance.
Using WiSure OEM/ODMS can
- Test with different Wi-Fi configurations and field scenarios
- Test performance and stability of the device
- Test with dynamic changes in the network
- Test with different ISP backhaul (WAN) configurations
Unexpectedly, even the market’s flagship devices have issues. Airtime is a costly resource, and one poor device can degrade network performance. As a result, extensive testing of Wi-Fi devices prior to deployment is essential !!