Wi-Fi testing equipment is essential for businesses and individuals who rely on strong and reliable Wi-Fi connectivity. These tools are used to test, measure, and improve Wi-Fi connectivity to ensure their reliability.
Types of Wi-Fi testing equipment’s
There are a variety of Wi-Fi testing equipment available in the market that can be used to evaluate the performance of Wi-Fi devices and networks. Some examples of Wi-Fi testing equipment include:
- Spectrum analyzers: These devices measure the strength and frequency of Wi-Fi devices to help identify and troubleshoot interference issues.
- Signal generators: These devices generate wireless signals of various frequencies and strengths to test the performance of Wi-Fi products.
- Site survey tools: These tools allow users to map and analyze the coverage and performance of wireless networks in a given area.
- Network analyzers: These tools capture and analyze network traffic to identify bottlenecks and other issues that may be affecting network performance.
- Wireless sniffers: These tools capture and analyze wireless packets to identify and troubleshoot issues with wireless networks.
- Wi-Fi Specialized equipment for testing Access Points & Clients: These tools help equipment makers test for scalability, functionality and security. This category of tools are used by manufacturers, operators before deployment.
- Wi-Fi testing dongles: These dongles can be used to connect to a device and test the performance of Wi-Fi networks after deployment
- Wi-Fi testing mobile apps: There are mobile apps that can be used to test the Wi-Fi network and also to check the Wi-Fi signal strength.
These are just a few examples of the types of Wi-Fi testing equipment available, and the specific equipment used will depend on the needs of the organization and the type of testing being conducted.
Alethea extensively tests Wi-Fi connectivity issues and complement verification and validation effort with the perfect blend of experience, expertise, and equipment to test and validate Wi-Fi products.
Alethea provides you with a one-stop solution for all that you need to mature your broadband technology products and solutions in the development, deployment, or in production stages.
Stay up-to-date on the latest developments in Alethea: https://aletheatech.com
Alethea’s Test and Measurement equipment:
WiCheck is the test equipment that can be used to test Access Points and Routers for functionality, performance, scale and security.
Scalability from Wi-Fi 6 to Wi-Fi 6E
WiCheck’s modular & distributed architecture gives you the freedom to start small & scale to 2500+ mixed clients. It protects your investments from rapid changes in technology. Whether it is OFDMA, or a future upgrade to Wi-Fi 6E, we have you covered
WiCheck runs 10s of real applications at scale – from 8K video streams to AR / VR / Gaming and video conference calls – to help verify your Wi-Fi solutions.
Verify the end-to-end performance of your network – from connection times, captive portals, VPN throughputs, and voice call capabilities at scale with a single platform.
Ready Test Cases / TR398 Issue 2
WiCheck builds in 160+ test cases – including all TR-398 test cases – that can be executed out of the box without any additional licenses.
WiCheck platform is an all-in-one package including chambers & test cases to validate your mesh offering end-to-end and Wi-Fi testing with real applications.
Real Device Control
Wi-Fi 6 & 6E are relatively new and interoperability is a key test challenge. Managing 10s to 100s of real devices and coordinating them in scale test scenarios is difficult. WiCheck 6 can manage and coordinate real clients & emulated clients from a single interface.
WiSure is a fully automatable test solution to validate the quality of the Wi-Fi functionality in smart devices.
Using WiSure OEM/ODMS can
- Test with different Wi-Fi configurations and field scenarios
- Test Performance and stability of the device
- Test with Dynamic changes in network
- Test with different ISP backhaul (WAN) configurations
Wi-Fi test equipment is an essential tool for ensuring the proper functioning and efficiency of wireless networks. Different types of equipment are available, each with its unique features and capabilities, so it is important to choose the right equipment for your specific needs