Alethea started support for TR-398 Issue 1 in 2019 to enhance Home Wi-Fi performance with a strong focus on current and near term deployments and requirements. Now, in 2021, Broadband Forum has announced TR-398 Issue 2 test plan. Alethea’s WiCheck has incorporated those test cases as well as the necessary test accessories from the June 2021 release.
What’s New In Issue 2?
TR-398 Issue 2 covers the latest in Wi-Fi technology also – Wi-Fi 6. 17 new test cases across seven major dimensions have been added: receiver sensitivity, throughput, coverage, multiuser support, anti-interference, stability and mesh networks. All the test cases are to be executed for #802.11ax / ac / n with appropriate pass/ fail criteria defined per technology.
We at Alethea offer a fully automated TR-398 test system. Our scale & performance test platform WiCheck 6 has been enhanced with additional software and accessories to offer full test coverage for #TR-398 Issue 2. The package addresses testing for new #IEEE 802.11ax (Wi-Fi 6) technology in the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands along with testing for #802.11ac and 802.11n. With an extensive feature set, support for 50+ real stateful applications, an option to stream pre-defined traffic, and support for almost every authentication option including captive portals WiCheck 6 test platform provides the flexibility to run scenarios beyond basic #TR-398 Issue 2.
Features and Benefits of WiCheck 6
for TR-398 Issue 2
- All-in-one solution addressing 802.11ax/11ac/11n in a single topology
- All-inclusive TR-398 Issue 2 license
- Customization possible on chamber design/test case criteria to accommodate unique use cases
- Comes with real scale testing capability with 50+ real applications. Options to scale up to 2500 + clients for real-world scenarios
- Low ramp up time with easy to use interface and 150+ built in test cases
- Provides 100% test coverage for TR-398 Issue2 test plan
- Addresses application performance, scale (2500+ clients), functionality, stability and security aspects of Wi-Fi Access Points and network beyond TR-398 Issue 2
- Reduces support cost by testing real world scenarios thus pre-empting customer issues
- Provide reliable and repeatable results with real world test cases in the lab
- No need to choose between different options with WiCheck 6, users can keep using the same setup to cover all scenarios as they scale up